CB Wah-Wah Review

manufacturer: Maxtone date: 07/04/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Maxtone: CB Wah-Wah
This is very easy to use, the off switch is under the pedal. This has no knobs, its just a general wah. It sounds good, the Wah is not very gradual, the first half is low then it spikes up, its not bad just different.
 Ease of Use: 7
 7.8
 8.5
 1,292
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
CB Wah-Wah Reviewed by: wdobo, on july 04, 2012

Purchased from: Blue Eagle Music Athens Ohio

Ease of Use: This is very easy to use (I mean it's a wah, not much to it) the off switch is under the pedal, I think it would be better if it had one to the side. This has no knobs, its just a general wah. // 7

Sound: It sounds good, the Wah is not very gradual, the first half is low then it spikes up, its not bad just different. You would have to play it to know whether you'd like it or not. The only other effects I have used with it are distortion and reverb. If you line it up- guitar-distortion-pedal-amp, the distortion Wah is gradual and if you switch the distortion and the wah, you get more of a fuzz wah, I prefer the setup, Guitar-wah-dist.-amp // 8

Reliability & Durability: It is kind of cheaply built, its vintage, sometimes if you push the Wah all the way, the signal cuts. I don't know if its an individual problem or just how they are, also the inputs can cut out a little if you mess with the cables going in and out. I would use it at a gig, if I had a backup, I'd probably get a crybaby or something and use the Maxtone as the backup. // 5

Overall Impression: I play inbetween black keys style blues/garage rock. And punk - Crass, MDC, NOFX, and some others, I also play classic rock. I have been playing for five years. My current setup is: Epiphone Dot Studio - Maxtone CB Wah-Wah - BOSS DS-1 (planning on using the supreme mod on it) - to a Bugera V22 with stock speaker. Other gear: Fender Champ 600 5 watt, Dano reverb pedal, Epiphone SG Special, Vintage Cortez acoustic from sears. If it were stolen, I'd probably get a crybaby.I love the Vintage vibe, I hate the cheap feel, it only has one feature, Wah goodness. I didn't compare much, the same place had a crybaby but it was twice as much, as I said before I wish the off switch was to the side of the Wah pedal. // 8

Comments