Sound King SKAM102B Wah Review

7.5
 1,834
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Sound King SKAM102B Wah Reviewed by: charlie__flynn, on december 24, 2008

Ease of Use: It is incredibly easy to use, like most other wahs. It's a simple push down hard to turn on the wah and rock back and forth. If you rock too hard the wah will turn off. As it was off a friend I didn't have a manual etc. (but didn't need one so it is okay). It takes a 9V batter and power supply so there is nothing different there. // 9

Sound: I use this with either a Vintage VS6 (SG copy) or an Ibanez RG through a Line 6 spider (soon upgrading to a Bugera on which I've tried the pedal). There is nothing special about this wah pedal, it does the job, but that's about it. It does not work nearly as well on with distortion as it does on clean, but I can get a pretty good jimi hendrix - voodoo child into type of sound from it. There is sometimes a small amount of crackling when rocking, but when playing it is barley noticeable. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I have read reviews that this pedal had broken after the first use, I however, have not had this problem. It is a heavy pedal, and encased in a very thick plastic. It has been dropped and stamped on repeatedly and has never failed on me. I would definitely gig without a back up. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything from blues through classic rock to metal and have been playing seriously for 4 years. Because I bought this pedal for only 10 pounds I am very happy, but if it were stolen I would go for a different wah with a better quality which would perform under both clean and distortion. This pedal to me has nothing to love nor hate about it but compared with the big runners for wah it does not keep pace with sound quality. // 6

Comments