Crunch Box review by MI Audio

MI Audio: Crunch Box

Price paid: € 139.99

Purchased from: Purepedals.com

I am using a 06 Gibson Les Paul Standard into a Vox AC30 cc2 and this pedal makes the guitar and amp sing. It's got a high gain circuit in my opinion and my gane knob hardly makes it by 12o'clock because that's all the gain I need, I have pushed the gain to full and it has a great lead sound. The pedal has lots of midrange which is great for that Marshall british tone I was looking for, If you roll the tone to the left you can get some great classic rock woman voice tones and then as you push it to the righ this amazing lead tone comes out. I am very happy that I made the right choice in picking this over a Fulltone OCD.

I play everything from classic rock to blues to hard rock and prog rock and this pedal has worked with all the genres, I have been playing guitar for just over two years now and I use this pedal with a Dunlop 535Q Crybaby and a DigiTech Whammy V4 and it sounds amazing with both. I think this pedal is perfect as it is no need to add anything to it and if it was stolen or lost I would buy another one because it's one of those pedals you must have. I love this pedal because it transforms my AC-30s clean channel into a cranked Marshall stack which is great because I find the ac-30s Drive channel lacking but I love the cleans. I compared this pedal to a Maxon tubescreamer and a Fulltone OCD and I am very happy with this purchase.

I have only had this pedal for a week or two but seeing as it's all hand made I would have no worries giging without a backup of any kind and I actually indeed on doing just that in the near future. The pedal itself comes with a 5 year warranty which is very good because most only have one or two years.

This Pedal is very easy to use it only has 3 pots a volume a tone and a gain and all you need to do is plug it in and play with the pots for 2 minutes and you have a sweet british Marshall sounding overdrive. I was a little dissapointed that it doesn't come with a manuel but then again not much explanation is needed.