G.I. Fuzz review by MI Audio

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
MI Audio: G.I. Fuzz

Price paid: A$ 140

Purchased from: eBay

One of the best fuzz pedals I've ever played. It's extremely versatile, and can range from a 60s Overdrive sound (Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Sabbath etc), right through to a wild Fu Manchu kind of fuzz. It creates a lot of hum and a bit of feedback, but that's just what fuzz pedals do. The hum and feedback don't get in the way when you're playing though, so it's not really a problem.

It's amazing. I love it completely. I'd like it if it had a built in gain-boost style thing to make the fuzz really go insane, but I can just use a clean boost pedal for that. It's very versatile, and there are so many different tones that you can squeeze out of this pedal that you can really make your own unique sound.

Built like a truck. It's a fairly small sized pedal, but it's built extremely well. I honestly think I could throw it up as high as I could and just let it drop with it still working. By far my most well-built pedal. It's pretty light too, which is good, but I can tell it's strong just by looking at it. It's military green, for crying out loud!

This pedal sounds great on nearly any setting. It's a plug-in-and-play kinda pedal, but a bit of tweaking is needed to get the exact sound you like. It's got 4 knobs and a brightness Switch. The knobs are volume, fuzz, tone, body, bias and load. The 4 little knobs at the top take a bit of playing with, but it's not really hard to do. Just fun.