Tube Zone review by MI Audio

MI Audio: Tube Zone

Purchased from: Music City

I, now, am using it with a Maton Mastersound electric guitar (although I have many others and it suits them) with Dimarzio Tone Zone and PAF pickups, it is the last on my chain of effects (Wah - Flanger - Super Overdrive - Tube Zone) and runs into a Fender Twin or a Laney practise amp. Through the Laney it can be noisey but its fine in the Fender. The Distortion in this beast is amazing, as I said before there are so many different tones you can find, so far I've got a warm Tubey slight Overdrive that sings and is exceptionally clear on chords, a Classic rock sound that mimics the sound of Jimmy Page beautifully, a hard rock rhythm sound that is 2nd to none, a tight metal rhythm sound that I must say isnt as great as my metal zone, a shredding tone that screams Yngwie Malmsteen, a Radiohead (Johnny Greenwood) crunch sound and, my favourite, a singing, smooth lead tone capable of screaming on the bridge Pick-up and sustaining (literally) for minutes on the neck.

I am mainly into many styles of rock but mainly alternate, it sound perfect. I've been playing for two years, been in a band for one of them and this pedal has blown all my cheap immitators away. My favourite feature would be the 4 gain clippings, thisgives it the versatility to cover both the soft and the hard distortion easily. I compared it with a Big Muff which it killed, a DS-1 which it also killed and a Hughes And Kettner tube pre-amp distortion, it probably equaled with the Hugh's but it was less then half its price. If it were lost or stolen I'd probably become an emo and slit me wrists (across the road 'cause I'd get another one eventually). In conclusion I strongly recommend this pedal.

Its as solid as a rock, I would gig with it anyday without a backup. Hand made here in Sydney. Theres really nothing else to say in this part. So onto the next.

This pedal is easy to use, it's easy to find all kinds of different distortion, from barely any to maximum and everything in between. The hard thing is finding the distortion you want. There are so many different tones capable. It has 6 knobs so it aint the easiest to tweek anyway.

Bardi
    just bought this pedal. It is very nice. I especially like the lead metal guitar sound in it.