MT-EM Extreme Metal Review

2,262
review (1) pictures (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
MT-EM Extreme Metal Reviewed by: Kboth18, on may 14, 2010

Purchased from: Copy Cat music

Ease of Use: Let me start by saying this pedal is absolutely amazing. It has more knobs and custom controls than you can shake a stick at. It has two post like controls that each have 2 adjustable knobs on it. There are 4 knobs to control the Low frequencies, mids, highs, and there is also a variable Mid scoop. There is also a gain knob that allows for a wide range of sounds, from classic rock to thrash Metal. It can give you thumping lows, soaring highs, and anytyhing from a little grit to a that Metallica-ish crunch. The manual was lacking, nothing more than a plastic card with the website and a few suggested settings. I love this pedal! // 9

Sound: I use this pedal with an SX SR-1 from Rondo Music(24 frets, HSH, Floyd trem) into a Randall half stack that I am borrowing from a friend. I also use it with my Kona practice amp. It is really quiet unless you have several distortion pedals on at the same time. It sounds great no matter what your settings are. The distortion is great because you can adjust it and fine tune it to your liking. I can replicate Metallica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath pretty well with this. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely depend on this pedal in gigs and I would not have a backup for it(if you use 9v dc baterries I would bring an extra battery or two because this thing sucks batteries like you wouldn't believe. I use a One Spot 9v Dc power supply that works great. Plus the pedal is made of an all Metal durable steel casing. I believe it comes with a warranty for 5 years from the manufacturer. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Thrash Metal, specifically Metallica. I play all sort of other things. I've been playing for approx 9 months and it is a great pedal for all genres of Rock/Metal. If it was stolen I would probably not buy it again, I would spend a little extra to get a Boss pedal. I love how versatile and how completely customizable you can make it. I compared it to some other pedals at the music store and this was the best. I wish it had a sustain built in but what pedal does? Overall a great little pedal that I definitely suggest you buy. // 9

Comments