MT-RV Coliseum Reverb review by ModTone

ModTone: MT-RV Coliseum Reverb

Price paid: A$ 90

Purchased from: Allens music

Ok. This is no strymon blue sky! It is more simple and less dsp power. But this is not meant for spacey ambience. You can pay 150+ for a Holy Grail or hall of Fame or any standard reverb. I simply tried this pedal out because my mate at the store said it will surprise me. Let's face it buying a ModTone pedal is like buying clothes from Kmart. They don't have a cracker reputation... However this reverb is equal to a Holy Grail anyway. True bypass and is 100% transparent. As far as a standard reverb (no comparison to the blue sky) this makes the cut.

Overall it's a solid reverb and simple to use. Definitely a good buy for a poor reputable brand!

It's built like a ehx nano pedal. I'd say it would be reliable but it's no tank. It's too soon to tell really. If you take care of your pedals you should be fairly safe. I'd say you wouldn't need a backup.

Easy as! 2 knobs 3 settings. So simple. You have a tone knob and a level knob which affects the dry/wet ratio of your verb. 3 settings room, plate and grand hall. Each represents the size of "space" in which you are placed. Very simple no need for a manual.

sg4ever
    These ModTone boxes are surprising. I'm thinking of retiring my Verbzilla as the build quality is a bit flimsy compared to other pedals on my board. This seems like it would suit my "basic" reverb needs for just a bit of verb on the trail off of notes.