Yellow Comp review by Mooer Audio

Mooer Audio: Yellow Comp

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Like the other Mooer Audio Pedals this Yellow Comp is no different; it's easy to use and don't need much practice. Getting the EQ knob adjusted to the right setting can be a little hard, but once it's there you will be satisfied, my guarantee. It may be a little hard to spot your setting, when being on stage, because on the first ones there weren't any markings on. Mooer Audio assures that they would be on the next shipment, and it is. A smooth and nice sound can easily be dialed in, and even in no time.

I find the sound of the Mooer Audio Yellow Comp outstanding and simply amazing! It is, by far, the best compressor/sustainer I've ever had and heard. I needed a compressor pedal for some sustain and compression for my guitar solos; the Yellow Comp nailed that! I like Pink Floyd & U2's The Edge and their type of guitar sound. The Mooer Audio Yellow Comp can do both David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and The Edge from U2 sounds. It's closely compared to the MXR Dyna Comp, which David Gilmour also uses. On songs like "Another Brick in the Wall," "On the Turning Away" & "Comfortably Numb" the Yellow Comp really shine and stand out. The same with songs like "Magnificent" & "With or Without You." I can't imagine a better compressor. My choice would be on either the Dyna Comp or the Yellow Comp. See it for yourself.

Mooer Audio makes good and solid FX pedals and they're reliable. Some might argue that the true-bypass switch is a bit weak, but as far as I know I haven't got to that issue yet. The other features on the pedal seems good and solid too. It's built like any other FX pedal on the market, at least when we talk about the housing. The housing protects the pedal and its components; they wont get scratched at all! Again, I would rely on these pedals for both practicing and gigging. When kept on a pedalboard, in a closed case, these can last forever and won't let you down.

Overall I really like this Mooer Audio Yellow Comp. I actually like it far more than my Boss CS-3 Comp/Sustainer. With the Yellow Comp there's no tone sucking or loss of signal, it simply adds a lot of smooth characteristics to your overall sound and tone. Compared to the Boss CS-3 the Yellow Comp will be the overall winner, it just does all the things the CS-3 can't do. It's an effect I can't live without on my pedalboard; it's almost always on! The EQ knob is excellent and gives exactly the right amount of EQ'ing. I would have liked a little mode switch, as seen on the Mooer Audio Blue Comp, with the possibility to go between a "Treble" & "Normal" setting, but it's okay.

Rurounikz
    The cs3 is compressing my signal so much that it makes HB sounds unusable
    PedalFreak94
    Hi Rurounikz : I've had the CS-3 before, and I ended up selling it right away, because it's too aggressive. I chose the Mooer Yellow Comp because it is much more dynamic and clean-sounding. If you're looking for a new Compressor pedal, then check out the Mooer Yellow Comp : Best regards.