Bad Horsie Wah review by Morley

Morley: Bad Horsie Wah

Purchased from: Gear One

I'm using this wah with a Dean Markley 30 watt combo amp, with an Epiphone Elitist Explorer, and I also have a Boss Metal Zone pedal with it as well. I also have a Washburn telecaster but I haven't played it with it, because I rarely ever use it (the Washburn that is). The pedal can be noisy when you step on. There's this hissing noise in the background while you're not playing anything. That don't really bother though, because it only does that if you're not playing any notes. There's also this other little problem too. Whenever you don't press the pedal down all the way it gives the guitar a bad grainy sound, which makes it a lot less louder and screws up the sound. I don't know if all wahs do that or not, but that's not really a problem either. This wah has two little knobs on it that changes the level of the wah and the 'contour' which kinda gives it a little more swing. This pedal is okay to get the sound of Metallica (my favorite artist), but not that great. For a Metallica wah you would probaly need a Dunlop Crybabay since that's what Kirk uses. I'm not really trying to copy that exactly though, I want my own wah sound when I'm famous.

The style of music I mainly play with this is metal and hard rock (can't play lead in metal without a wah). I think this pedal can easily do metal, but I believe it's strong point is in the Jimi Hendrix kind of wash sound. I have been playing guitar for little over a year, and I'm getting pretty good, for only a year's worth of playing! Some of my other gear is a Dean Marley 30 watt combo, an Epiphone Elitist Explorer, a Washburn telecaster, an Ibanez DE-7 Delay (never use it), a Boss Metal Zone Distortion, and a Cakamine Jasmine acoustic. Ever since I started playing seriously I have been wanted a wah for that awesome solo, and now I finally have it!

I've only this wah for about a week, but I think it's pretty strong. This thing is pretty hard man! It looks very professional. I think it would hold up for ages.

Well it's pretty easy to get a sound out of it, just press down on the pedal. The manual I got with doesn't tell you how to operate it or anything, but that's not a problem since everyone knows how to wah.