Little Alligator Volume review by Morley

Morley: Little Alligator Volume

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Well, there isn't a "sound," per se, if anything it's to control sound. But as far as doing its job as a volume pedal, I like it quite a bit. A lot of people criticize it for not being able to achieve volume swells, but that's simply not true. This is excellent for the swells, in my opinion. Now, some others I have tried are better at achieving a good swell, but that doesn't mean this one is bad at all. This pedal, while being designed by Steve Vai, can achieve some Vai moments. I have used this to play some Steve songs where a pedal like this would be used, and it worked perfectly.

I normally play metal or hard rock, this is perfect for that. It's like being able to control my volume and have volume swells with a simple step of my foot. I use this with a Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah and a MXR EVH phaser, and it works like a charm. I think this is also a steal; for sixty bucks you get an amazing volume pedal with the Steve Vai name. What more could you want? I think this is a great pedal and definitely worth the buy for anyone Who wants an excellent pedal.

This thing is built like a tank. No joke. I don't ever imagine this breaking, ever. It is completely durable and I don't think I would ever need a backup for this thing. Plus, this thing is so cheap there's no point in having a "backup," you could just go buy another one. And plus, it's electro-optical, so there's no pots to wear out.

This is an excellent volume pedal, out of what I have tried. It was very simple. All it is a the actual pedal itself and then a knob to set the minimal volume, i.e. to change how loud you want the volume pedal to work. Very simple but also very excellent. There was no manual that came with it, but any guitarist will know what a volume pedal does.

CaptainSBDA
    Just to let you all know, this is my review.....but for some reason it didn't credit the review to me.....