Little Alligator Volume review by Morley

Morley: Little Alligator Volume

I'm using it with an Ibanez Iceman ICT700, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, then this, and then a Peavey Valveking 212 (in that order). Well of course it's noisy, it's a volume pedal. But no, ha, not that kind of noise, but it can make things very loud. The sound can get a little bit weak when using it at a lower volume, but other than that is sounds great. It can keep everything clear at a high volume, which is good.

I play hard rock, heavy metal, thrash metal and such and it's a good match, it can keep everything clear at a high volume. I've been playing a year, and I'm using it with an Ibanez Iceman ICT700, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, then this, and then a Peavey Valveking 212 (in that order). I did ask a few things about it because I didn't get it out and try it but I went with it. If it were stolen/lost I might get it again, it's been my friend for awhile and I like it, but there might be something better out there. I compared it to a Visual Sound visual volume and liked this better. It's a good pedal, and I like it so far.

I'm not sure I can depend on it, I mean it hasn't broken yet but it was only $80.00 so I'm not sure. Like I say, never use anything at a gig without a backup, but so far, I think I might as I can't buy a backup right now and it seems like quite the reliable pedal.

The Morley Little Alligator is a volume pedal used by Steve Vai that I was told to try, and I liked it. Well not much to say about a "good sound" I mean, it's a volume pedal. But yes, it never changes the sound and just amplifies whatever I need and actually sets me up for some good distortion and soloing. There is a manual, although I have not read it and it's somewhere in my closet. It's not that hard to use though, all you do is turn a knob and push it down. It's very simple and amazing.