Little Alligator Volume review by Morley

Morley: Little Alligator Volume

Purchased from: ebay

I use this pedal with a few Ibanez guitars and a Peavey Windsor. It works well with other effects and is not noisy at all. The volume swells are great and can be altered from subtle to drastic differences. It doesn't affect my amps tone, even when the volume levels are low.

I play rock and metal, and this pedal is great for boosting leads. This pedal would be perfect for any genre. I've been playing guitar for a few years now, and have a small collection of effect pedals. If this pedal were lost or stolen, I would definitely buy another one. I didn't try any other pedals before I bought this one, but for this price the Little Alligator does exactly what I wanted it to do so I'm happy.

This thing is built like a tank (as most Morley pedals are). The motion is very fluid, and the pedal is housed in a metal case. I would definitely use this on a gig without a backup. I keep my pedals in a pedalboard road case so I don't see this thing breaking on me... ever.

The Little Alligator Volume Pedal by Morley is probably the most simple pedal out there. Designed to Steve Vai's specs. It has one control knob, that is used to adjust the minimum volume. You step on the pedal to engage it, once the pedal leaves the 'resting' position it goes to the minimum volume level set by the control knob. The farther you push the pedal down, the louder your sound gets. Push the heel all the way back down to bypass the pedal. Fairly straightforward. No manual, not needed anyway.

kevinpaul
    I researched volume pedals and this is the best. No noise and you never need touch guitar knobs again. I did a minor mod, I moved the LEDs apart to get a fuller range. A bonus from doing the mod is cool effects, long sustain and very cool sounds. I like it.