Power Wah review by Morley

Morley: Power Wah

Purchased from: GAK

I play this with an Ibanez RG321MH and a Marshall MG30DFX-the sound is good, it could be used for all sorts of music, I use it for metal but it works with Henrix stuff well. The only bad thing is it creates a bit of feedback if it's just the guitar, pedal and amp. But the simple solution is just to add a distortion pedal to the mix and problem solved. Apart from the slightly annoying but solvable buzz, the sound is great on clean and distortion.

I play mainly metal, but also rock and other stuff. I've been playing about 2 years now so I've got a basic idea of a good wah pedal. And this is one. It's virtually indestructible, amazingly simple to use and sounds awesome. I've only tried it with my Ibanez so far (probably because my other guitar is horrible and the most of the guitarists near me are beginners) but I'm sure it would sound great with anything. Definetely a good choice, worth the money.

Now this pedal is tough. It's made of bulletproof steel (I think) so it's pretty much indestructible. And it doesn't use pots so there's nothing to wear out or replace. It's not even scratched yet and when I use it I simply jump on it sometimes. I doubt I'll ever break this, and any backups would just be batteries.

As soon as I got the battery in and set it up, it's amazingly easy to use-pedal for wah, and the power button next to it. It's not rocket science. No controls apart from that, so you don't have to worry. Getting the battery in is simple and quick, and the instructions you get with it-that I didn't even need to look at-explain anything you need to know. There isn't really anything that could be more simple.

JoelTheShredder
    i traded my tone/penis sucking crybaby in for this kickass wah-wah monster today. best descision ever. i play it through ibanez tube screamer, a line 6 spider iii 75, and an ibanez pgm 301. omg. incredile tonegasms.