Power Wah review by Morley

Morley: Power Wah

Purchased from: UG Member

I am using it with a strat and a Peavey classic 50 with assorted overdrives. It's more noisy than my Vox v847, but it's still not bad. This is a thick, agressive wah. I was surprised. This is a strong effect. I'm not sure what this sounds like. Maybe Zakk Wylde or Steve Vai? I dunno, but it's nice. One thing I should add, that it's not too vocal. It's more throaty and deep, which is like the polar opposite of my Vox. I'm rating the sound an 8. It isn't a spectacular boutique wah, but it isn't a piece of crap like the Dunlop Original Crybaby or the Zakk Wylde Crybaby.

I quite like this wah. It's better for the higher gain side of music. I think this could be a great metal or shred wah. I don't really play metal or shred, and I'm using this more for hard rock, and it works great. If it were stolen or lost, I think I'd buy a boutique wah. This is a nice wah, but it's not spectacular. But, it's a very solid backup and a good performer.

It's less of a tank than my Vox, but that's alright. Everything is solid. Since this IS my backup wah, I don't really have a backup for it. The metal around it is kind of thin and weak. It's still pretty tough though. The pedal seems kind of squeaky, but that may just be because it's old. I'll have to lube it.

This is actually the Morley Power Wah/Volume, but the volume function really is kind of pointless, so I'll just put this under the regular Power Wah. It's a bare bones wah, it's easy to use. It does have a level knob controlling the output of the wah, which is nice when you're playing high gain stuff. This is a very old one (1997). 9 for ease of use.