Pro Series II Wah review by Morley

Morley: Pro Series II Wah

Purchased from: Jett Landry Music Store, Sudbury, Ontario

The Morley is amazing for all genres of music, hard rock/metal especially. For blues, I use my Boss SD-1 Overdrive; for metal, and most other things, I either use my amps distortion (Marshall) or my Yamaha MagicStomp (with my custom distortions). The only con it that the sound of the Morley pedal varies from amp to amp. Significantly. Currently, my Marshall is my favourite and I get amazing blues and metal tones out of it. The Crate delivers Jazz, and my B.C. Rich is almost like Stevie Wonder meets Pantera on a clean channel. I currently use an Epiphone Special II and an Ovation something-or-other. The only con can be a pro at the same time: The pedal is like a gain boost.

I play everything. Most often, I play hard rock/metal, but I also love Jazz and play gigs at fancy places and whatnot. The pedal is versatile, good on batteries, attractive, tough, and relatively cheap. I would take this Morley over a Crybaby or a Vox any day.

This pedal is practically bulletproof. Actually, I think it's made mith bulletproof materials, just in case somebody decides to pull out a gun at your concert and fire rounds at you PEDAL. Haha. I've had this thing for 5 years now and it is still in perfect condition with the exception of the Morley sticker wearing away.

Very easy to use wah pedal. Unlike some wahs, most noteably the crybaby, the button used to activate the pedal is beside the foot area, which is cool because if you like a certain sound at a certain degree, you can keep it for later instead of finding it again after stomping the foot area to turn it off! The other knob is easily toggled with your foot.

bpl711
    The knob to the right of the wah pedal doesn't adjust the wah. The knob is for adjusting the volume when not using the wah but when using the volume pedal option. The level is the max volume you can play with your pedal all the way down. This pedal is a Wah, volume pedal, and a distortion pedal.
    bpl711
    The knob on the right is not to adjust wah level as someone said it's actually to adjust the volume pedal portion of the wah. The more you turn the knob to the right the louder the volume of the pedal all the way down. When the level knob is turned to the left the quieter the max output is with the pedal fully extended.
    bpl711
    The switch on the right also switches from volume to wah not an on and off switch. The light may not be illuminated but the volume pedal is still on. Once you engage the switch then it lights up and the wah is on.