VAI2 Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah review by Morley

Morley: VAI2 Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah

Purchased from: musicstore

My setup is guitar (Gibson LP Custom, 335 Block, Jem 555, Jem 7VWH) to wah (Horsie 2) to Distortion pedal (Vox Bulldog Tube pedal), to AMP (Vox AC30 CC2, Laney LC15 or Vox AD30), or guitar to Boss GT8 then amp. There is no extra unwanted noise, It doesn't suck any natural tone neither, not like the crybabe or Vox wah, you lose some of you natural tone when you engaging wah. There is a slightly volume boost in clean (by passing the distortion pedal) but not when you are in distortion mode. There wah is not like crybabe or Vox, the effect range is smaller but fuller and more musical. Some said it lose the wah sound but not in my case with any guitar I throw into it. I am not a pedal guy but I will definitely have this in my chain.

I play anything but really heavy stuff. Metalica to GN'R to Steve Vai. This is fantastic pedal and it has it's own right when comparing with other top range pedal. The switchless and counter mode is just icing on the cake. It works so fine. However, if you are hardcore metal guy, this is not the pedal for you. This will be my first choice of wah pedal and will definitely replace it if it's stolen or broken. By the way, did I mention it works well with Bass and keyboard as well!

I think this pedal is considerably dependable. I have just got this week ago so cannot give much comment in this area. However, my impression of this thingy is solid and well built. It heavy like hell for a wah pedal. Much heavier than crybabe. The design protect itself from wearing out and according to people that I know who also own Morley pedals, Morley has one of the best helping team and they are really helping no-matter what matter you come accross! Fantastic.

It's the easiest to use in the market! There is a switch for changing wah mode, but there is none for activating it. As you don't need to, just step on, off you go! Easy? I bet so! There is a catalog comes with the pedal. Yes catalog not menu, why? there is no need for a menu! This is the Vai Horsie 2, with the extra counter mode, it gives extra freedom to customise ur own wah. Also it use light sensor to detect the position of the pedal, so no more wear out of the pot! Nice! There are two led showing whether you are engaging counter mode, or you wah is being activated. nice touch! To summerise, the design is simply superb, you don't have to worry simple thing like whether I have my wah on while giging, nor worring about wear out after years of heavy gigging!

Shredboy
    yeah morley wah all the way! I just got the power wah which sounds ****in awesome!!!!! the bad horsie looks even beta!
    Banana King
    You will not regret buying this pedal. My friend let me borrow his for about a week, and I just got one myself. Great Wah.
    sword shredder
    Get the BH. The Crybaby is a tone-sucker when bypassed and has a bad sound anyway (the Crybaby Classic is worth considering thought)