DropTune review by Morpheus

Morpheus: DropTune

My setup consists of a Jackson RR3 being run into the Morpheus Drop Tune and then directly into a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt amp. As far as sound goes, this pedal does really good at keeping the tone of the amp while dropping the tuning. However, once you go past about 5 half steps down (B standard), then it starts getting really weak and fuzzy. But hey, who needs to go that low anyway? That's what a bassist is for. I can tell a little decrease in the distortion and it seems like the signal gets a little weaker as you go lower, starting at about 2 half steps down (D standard). But that's more than okay with me since I'm not too picky over my tone and the chords still sound nice and full even when drop tuned.

I play mostly metal, which means I use all kinds of different tunings, from drop D to drop A. This pedal really helps me out since my favorite guitar is my Jackson RR3 which has a Floyd Rose and it's a pain to be constantly retuning. Although $170 is a high price for a pedal, I think this is definitely worth it. This pedal will save me a lot of time and now I can look for bands that I like and not just bands that play in a certain tuning. The Morpheus Drop Tune is a great investment for anyone who uses a guitar with a Floyd Rose, or who just doesn't want to constantly re-tune.

Not much to say here. This pedal is solid as a rock. As soon as I took it out of the box I could tell it was metal just by how heavy it was. And it is almost fully made of metal except for the display part. The power adapter doesn't seem to be of great quality but it's just a power adapter, it shouldn't take too much abuse. I definitely think I can depend on this pedal and I'd use it without a backup.

The Morpheus Drop Tune has a very simple concept: plug it up, press a button, and your guitar instantly sounds as if it's in a lower tuning. Which means that it is EXTREMELY easy to set up and use. It took me about 10 seconds to get it plugged up and ready to go. You just plug it in, click the on/off switch to turn it on, and start drop tuning away! It even has a built in octaver effect all the way at the bottom of the tunings. As for the manuel, there's really no need for it. However, if you're one of those people who always read the instructions first, they are very detailed and explain exactly how to set up the pedal.