DropTune review by Morpheus

Morpheus: DropTune

Price paid: A$ 326

Purchased from: Shire Music Centre

What setup (i.e. what guitars and amps) are you using it with? I am using a Strat and a Les Paul with a Vox AD50VT and they work equally as well with any guitar with Single Coils, Humbuckers or P-90s. Is it noisy? On what settings? There is a slight whirling noise in the background, but it is not noticable while you are playing. Are the effects weak or do they always sound great? They always sound 120% fantastic all the time on all the settings and all different types of distortions, overdrives, fuzzes and cleans. Can you get the sound of your favorite artists? Who are they? You can get any type of tuning for any type of artists, from 1/2 step down for Van Halen to drop B for Parkway Drive and other metal bands.

What style of music do you play? Is this a good match? I play anything from The Beatles to Slipknot and this little unit covers all my styles. I used to hate having one of my favourite guitars subjected to extremely heavy strings so this pedal was my saving grace to cover all the generes of music. How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own? I have been playing for 3 years and over those years i've been playing all styles of music and have been twisting those Machine heads manically! This pedal has definately saved time and fristration with detuning. It works very well with all my distortions and delays and mod effects and does not effect the tonality of any of my pedals. If it were stolen / lost, would you buy it again or get something else? Quicker than you could go from Standard E to Drop G! What do you love about it? What do you hate? What is your favorite feature? I love the functionality of it and I love the way it's a better and chepaer alternative to something like the Robot Guitar. It's a pedal I use frequently and I couldn't imagine my rig without it. I have no complaints about it it works great and sounds even better. My favourtie feature is its only feature, the detuning power!! Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one? There's not much else you can compare it to because this is the only type of detuning pedal that exists in the entire world! So check it out and grab yourself this fantastic one of a kind pedal from Morpheus!

Can you depend on it? Absolutely, if you want quick tuning changes with no fuss or switching guitars then this is the pedal for you. Would you use it on a gig without a backup? Yes, this pedal features a very durable metal casing and sturdy pedal buttons to access the features of this very versatile pedal.

How easy is it to get a good sound out of it? As easy as turning it on! What this pedal basically does is takes in your guitar signal, say it's in standard E, and de-tunes it anywhere from down 1/2 a step to down to drop G tuning! The de-tuning settings are done in half step incrimants. So if you wanted standard D tuning you would choose the 2 setting and hit ON and instantly you have a standard D tuned guitar. So if your not a fan of heavy strings and buying multiple guitars for multiple tunings, this is the pedal for you. This would be equivilant to something like the Gibson Robot guitars or the Fender VG Strat (discontinued)for atleast 1/8th of the price! This effect runs at the end of your chain, right before the tuner. It also has two octaver settings with either a one octave up setting or one octave down setting which is the last two settings on the pedal. It has an input knob at the back to determine the mix and a toggle switch to turn it off when you press down on it and then reutrns to the detuned setting when you release it.

mattolupo
    This thing is a Godsend. I play alot of different kinds of classic and classic hardrock. Playing along with the stereo was a pain because I had to decide what I wanted to play and then tune accordingly. With this I can go from a Tesla or Molly Hatchet (A 440) to a Thin Lizzy tune (most of which are 1/2 step down, except "Black Rose", thats a whole step) without missing a beat other than to hit the pedal.
    raging_nucleus
    I've heard it sounds bad below 3 or 4 steps. Why not just tune to drop D? Then you get as low as B only using 3 steps on the meter.