DropTune review by Morpheus

Morpheus: DropTune

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

I play this mostly through a Schecter hellraiser c-1 FR (Floyd rose is the main reason I got the pedal) with an EMG 81 and EMG 89. I run it through a Line 6 spider 3 4x12. The unit tends not to create any unwanted noise as it has a trim dial in the back of it. This can be ajusted to get rid of any noise. The tracking of the pedal is very good until it slightly goes a bit weird when you get down to maybe 3 steps down, but ther than that, it seems perfect to me. As you drop further down, the gain tends to fade, so this should be compensated for with either the amp, or an Overdrive pedal. The only real problem I have had is that it tends to mess up your tone a bit. It over does the bass in the EQ, even at 1 steps down. At 2 1/2 steps, it is really muddy, and hard to make out the lower notes on the guitar. I have attempted to fix this with a 6 band EQ, which pretty much fixes it, but compromises the tone a little, even after the Morpheus having a firmware update. It can take a while, but its possible to near completely fix your tone if the Morpheus degrades it.

I play metal, but have interests in jazz, country - all sorts really. I am inspired by many different types of music. The pedal allows for all these types. In fact, you can actually use this pedal for violin, and even vocal for some interesting effects. I love this pedal, and I think it comes close to having a guitar in the same tuning after a little tweeking after comparing the pedal to the real thing. It is well built, looks amazing and is easy to use. Only problem I have with it s the effect on the tone - however, this can be fixed with a simple Overdrive and/or EQ. Either way, it still works out cheaper thn buying another guitar for tunings.

In the time I have had it, it has been very reliable, I cannot fault that in any way. I am a home guitarist, however I have worked with local gigging bands and their gear (like a low budget tech haha) and I would highly recommend it to them without a backup as it wouldn't be needed. I think it will last as long as you make it, and some more.

This pedal must be as easy to use as say a Wah pedal, turn it on, and it works. It allows to drop 3 1/2 steps in 1/2 step incraments. Simply put it in the effects chain in front of your amp and turn it on at whatever drop tuning you want and your good to go.

Xx aLi N 123 xX
    so if you use this, and use it to go to d standard, then drop the low e string, would it sound like drop c? if it is, i'm buying this coz im always changing from standard to drop c on my washburn