DropTune review by Morpheus

Morpheus: DropTune

Purchased from: eBay

I am using this pedal with an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, a Gibson Les Paul Junior, and an Ashland electric (from Crafter acoustic); all through (in order) the Morpheus DropTune, a Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah pedal, and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal; all of these into a Crate FlexWave 15 watt amplifier. This effect gets pretty noisy and has a static sound when you aren't playing, but this is only when it's on and you aren't playing; While you are playing, or while you have it off, it's completely silent, and the guitar passes through without being effected at all. Great sound from the pedal throughout all settings you can have it on. All of the lower tunings you can go into with the pedal sound amazing and perfect. My settings on my amp and other pedals are set up to be universal in sound, so I can get the sound of just about any artist.

I play all kinds of music. Everything that has a guitar in it I will play - with the exception of bluegrass or rap (but those rarely (if - at all - require an electric guitar anyway). I've been playing for 3 years, and I own all of the equipment I mentioned above. If this were lost, I would definitely buy this pedal again. I love how simple it is to use, and how it makes it so much easier to not have to Switch guitars between songs. Aside from my Les Paul Studio, this is definitely my favorite piece of equipment.

This is very reliable; it comes in a hard casing and won't be damaged easily at all. I would definitely use this on a gig. I don't think there would be a backup to use, since there are no other pedals like this. The only thing I would use live other than this is a guitar that is in the tuning I need, but this pedal is designed for eliminating the need for several guitars.

Incredibly simple to operate! Plug it in, turn the volume to the desired level, and press a button! It has three buttons on the front, an on/off switch, a "down" button, and an "up" button. Once the effect is turned on, the "up" button is used as a "Toggle" Switch to go back and forth between the sound from the guitar and the dropped tune you are currently in with the pedal. On the back, there is a place for the 12v DC adapter (included power source; cannot operate on batteries), a plug for the Guitar, a plug for the Amp, and a volume control knob. The pedal is the FIRST thing the guitar goes into (from what has happened with me, it won't work if you put it after another pedal). The manual shows basic setup instructions, and that's about it.

jpoprock
    What good is this pedal though, if yer in a band, and the bass player can't use it? You can't expect him to race out and buy a 5 or 6 string. And you can't ask him to tune down and have flappy strings. Esp if you're in a pop/rock cover band. Can someone tell me if this pedal works on a 4 string bass tuned std, at least down to B or C? no further. AND, could the bass player play the same notes but in a different position on the neck, if it doesn't track the lowest notes of the E string?
    MutilationOfMan
    lol drop c isnt hard you dont need heavy strings either i use 56-13 set and c is f***ing tight so get a 52-11 set which isnt very big at all
    jpoprock
    And for the record... I spent a good amount of time with this pedal at a music store... just me, and could do whatever I wanted... and I put it thru it's paces. I had my doubts initially, going into it. But man! This pedal is unreal. It doesn't color your sound all that much, if at all. And yeah, if you are tuned to std and drop it down as far as it will go, it does sound bad, but just because it SHOULD sound bad. Not because of the pedal. If you are in a cover band like me, AND sing lead vocals, this pedal is perfect for that. It opens the door for all kinds of songs that no one can do because no one can sing it. And we can sing high as it is. But Def Lep? Zep? certain AC/DC? Loverboy, Foreigner, etc... It can all be done now with this pedal. And no one will care if you're tuned down to C... because it's all relative. Zep go back together in 2007 and they were tuned way down... AND ROCKED. But... as I said above... if your bass player can't use it too, it's pointless.