DropTune review by Morpheus

Morpheus: DropTune

Purchased from: Christmas present

I play primarily 80's metal, whether it be NWOBHM, thrash or hair metal, and occasionally more modern rock and metal. And really, it doesn't affect your sound all that much. However, by preserving tube life though, I have only used it on my 15 watt Line 6 Spider III w/ my RP155. And when you're (currently) only gigging guitar is your Schecter Hellraiser with a Floyd, this thing is a blessing. And even though I'm not completely into tuning to really low tunings like B standard, it does start to sound a bit

Well, I have actually messed around with this pedal since about June, since my friend has one, so I ended up getting one for myself. It's great when you are primarily in standard or drop d, and you need a quick tune down. However, if all you play is in Drop C, B standard, etc. just tune down.

This thing built like a tank, its made for repeated use and countless gigs.

It's about as easy as plugging it in. The pedal has 3 switches, the right for turning the effect on. The middle Switch for scrolling up while the effect is off, or while the effect is on you can hold it down to return to the unaffected signal. And the left Switch is for scrolling down. You can go from a 1/2 step down, to 7 steps (3 1/2 whole steps), and octave down, and an octaver.