Big Fluff review by Morrison Audio

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Morrison Audio: Big Fluff

Price paid: A$ 110

Purchased from: Morrison Audio Equipment

I usually go with a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty with a PRS McCarty pickup into the Morrison Big Fluff then to a Marshall MG15CDR. This pedal has a tremendous amount of sustain when the sustain knob is around the 9 or 10 mark, can hold a note for a least a minute if you want it to. Tone changes between hi and low and is very responsive. For blues playing I am inspired by John Mayer mainly and can get some great tones sounding similar to his using this relatively cheap pedal.

I'm usually a metal player but occasionally play some blues, which is why I bought this pedal. I am very happy with the tone from this pedal compared to a lot of the higher end market. In Australia you can be paying up to $400 for stompboxes, this was only $110 and competes with them easily. Definitely an up and coming brand if they continue building high quality pedals like this one. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy it for this price. You can't go wrong really! The only thing I wish it had would be its own EQ instead of just a tone knob, but that is personal preference. I highly recommend this pedal.

Seems very solid, die cast metal casing, doesnt dent or scratch when dropped. I would definitely gig with this without a backup.

Very basic and easy to use. Its a stomp box used for older blues/fuzz sounds out of it. 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 sustain (which is also a gain sort of knob). 9V battery or power supply, the plug is on the top so +1 point for Morrison Audio. 1 input, 1 output.