M101 Phase 90 review by MXR

MXR: M101 Phase 90

Purchased from: Sam ash music

The sound blew me away, I mean most people get excited at getting a new pedal but the sound is incredible. On the clean channel it made a couple of notes sound amazing. On the distorted channel, to sample it I played the intro to achilles last stand by led zep. It didn't disappoint, it sounded like the live version (which I think is better)! It's fun to ajust it while play, just play a chord and use your pickin hand to change the speed.

I play lots of different stuff, mostly Led Zeppelin, Hendrix and Clapton. I didn't buy this pedal to sound like them, but I found certain parts (achilles for example) which are played with a MXR Phase 90. I've been playing guitar for 3 years. If this got stolen I'd cry a little and then shoot off to dawsons (I brought it while I was on holiday) to get a new 1. I forgot to say that the white marking on the knob is glow in the dark which is good for gigs! I'd recommend this amazing pedal to anyone looking for a chorus pedal.

It's small but it's quite a tough little bugger. Depend on it? Sure I can! At a gig, no backups are required, but I've not that it for too long. I dunno about the little footswitch but it seems very strong.

Well when I first looked at the controls, I thought it was easy enough (theres only 1 knob). All you gotta do is fiddle with that and stomp on it! There is no need for a manual, but they didn't supply one anyway!

crazyfool91
    It sounds good... im thinkin bout gettin one. cant decide between a phser or a flanger