M102 Dyna Comp review by MXR

MXR: M102 Dyna Comp

I use it with a Randall G2 series and an Ibanez RG Prestige. This pedal is a bit noisy but you really have to turn it off before getting your distortion on because it destroys your tone and hums very much. The compression is very nice I use it to play sweet home alabama and get that acoustic compression sound that the song has. If it would be true bypass it would be really better and also if it would not buzz when I put my distortion on.

I mostly play metal and rock so this pedal is not really useful, but I love it when I want to play soft things. I've been playing fo roughly 2 years and I also own a DF-7 and a GE-7. If it were lost, I would consider cheking for another brand like Boss or Electro-Harmonix. I hate the fact that it does not have a led to indicate on and off and that it has no 9v jack. I polan to customize it to add these things. Other than that, I really like it.

I would not use it without a backup because it has no plug to use a jack since it's the very first version of it. I wouldn't also use it for a gig because there is no led to indicate if it is on so I have to play to see the difference.

It is really easy to get a good sound out of it because it only has two knobs, ouput for the volume and sensitivity for the presence of the effect. Finding what you need is really easy even if this is not the best compression pedal you will get. I did not get the manual since I got it used as a gift. Mine is not a re-issue as the ones are it is the original one so the sound is better.

EJ NL
    Radordimeback, I use the Dynacomp mostly with overdriven sounds, there is it made for! Sounds fantastic, it shapes the tone perfectly, and destroys definatly no tone! Well, not in combination with my Strat and Fender tube amp...
    razordimeback
    bebe17
    razordimeback wrote: You maybe got the new version, because it really does destroy my tone, it adds like a ton of bass to my sound
    It should add some bass to your tone...that's its job. It evens out your signal.
    speeddemo
    It works like a charm for my basses, not so much with my guitars though...
    kraken1987
    It sounds good when used with a Decimator to get rid of all the unwanted noise it makes.
    StJ_6991
    I've never had a problem with it, in all honestly I like it better than the Keeley comp. For the money anyway..