M102 Dyna Comp review by MXR

MXR: M102 Dyna Comp

My current setup is an Ibanez rg (dimarzio pickups) through a crybaby to the Dyna Comp to my chorus ensemble to my Raven amp (which I plan to replace with a Fender blues deluxe). The Dyna Comp is very noisey when you have the output from the 12 o'clock postion clockwise. All of my pedals sound good. I can get a "Another brick in the wall" type solo sounds.When I click on my distortion it sounds great and I can tap without turning up the gain and get singing sustain. But the hiss gets so loud and annoying the way I have it. Because of the hissing sound it brings the rating down

I play anything from (attempts) jazz to metal and it's a good match for all of them. I've already mentioned my rig and I've been playing for about 3 years over the years I've figured out a lot of things about pedals, guitars, and amps. If it were stolen I would definately replace it.

It seems to be pretty well built. And I'v had this for almost a year and have never changed the battery and I left it plugged in over night maybe 4 times so the battery life on this thing is great. The reliability and durability of this thing seems pretty solid.

This pedal I one of the easiest pedals to use. It's incredibly easy to get a good sound. It's easy to manipulate since there's only two knobs. There's a small manual for it but no really need for it only to explain what the knobs output and sensitivity do.

treimer
    Section 5 wrote: concert_addict wrote: line 6 sucks. simple as that Um, no. The Spider series sucks. The Flextones, Vettas, PODs, and some of their pedals are great. Just because the only experience you've had of Line 6 comes from the Spider III doesn't mean that all the company's products are bad.
    +1. sorry first time quoting someone
    treimer
    [quote]Um, no. The Spider series sucks. The Flextones, Vettas, PODs, and some of their pedals are great. Just because the only experience you've had of Line 6 comes from the Spider III doesn't mean that all the company's products are bad./quote] +1