M108 10-Band EQ review by MXR

MXR: M108 10-Band EQ

Price paid: € 150

I'm using Jackson RR3 through Peavey studio pro 112, and it really improved my sound allot! It turned my boring amp into a grinding Machine! I'm now using it after the dist. as a boost for solos, but also for improving my cleans! I'll give it 9 because it's a bit noisy, but only if you boost 1k freq. slider, so if you're scooping maniac like me you won't hear any noise!

I'm playing mostly trash and heavy metal and some hard rock! With this pedal you can make you're amp sound anything you want! I own MXR double shot dist, and when I'm using dime channel on it, and using this EQ to scoop the mids, I can easily get it to sound like Pantera or Metallica(Justice era)! But you could easily get any other sound, from soft rock and blues, hard rock and metal, to really cool AM- radio sound! Anyone Who's looking for EQ that will really improve your amp's sound, should look no further!

Its bulletproof! But a few weeks ago, the Switch started to buzz when I was turning it on and off, but it turned out to be only some dust inside the Switch, so I can't say anything bad because of that! I have two more MXR pedals and they have never turned me down yet! The only thing I concern about are the sliders! I fear not to step on one of them when I'm turning it on and off, because they'll probably break!

Well not the easiest EQ pedal to use, but hey, it's 10 band not 6 band, so you'll need to work a bit with it! I'm not saying that it's hard to get a good sound, just that you have more options with it, and you'll need a bit more time to discover all that you can get from this thing! Manual that comes with it gives a good starting point from where you can tweak the sound to your liking! 10 freq. slider plus volume and gain sliders! It has really cool looking LEDs inside the sliders, that turn on when you Switch your pedal on! LEDs on Volume and Gain are always on!

solo_freak
    This pedal is amazing...I have just got it and it really helped me get good tones. I use it to shape the cleans on my amp, and when I need distortion I step on my trusty tubescreamer...this pedal is AMAZING
    Shinozoku
    Im King Jackson wrote: Is this good for tube amps and heavy distortion? Like Dimebag, or A7X. Oh, is it very versatile?
    Uhm... your post makes me think you aren't too bright, I'm sorry. But yes, Dimebag actually used two graphic equalizers in his sound. and the point of an EQ pedal is to give you versatility.