M115 Distortion III review by MXR

MXR: M115 Distortion III

Price paid: A$ 138

Purchased from: Turramurra music

I have an Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG50FX with these and my Vox Wah Wah pedal it is the perfect combination to rock and meatl. It is very versitial in that there is so many combinations for a mild distotion and Heavy distortion. It does need a noise gate when using it because its pretty noisy.

Overall it is a great pedal and I was comparing it to a BOSS DS-1 and I liked the MXR's sound better and it felt nicer and the MXR was more versitle although I am a Boss freak and love them the MXR is a worthy opponent to the Boss. And I am glad I bought this pedal.

It has a metal case and is really strong so you can drop it but the paint rubs off really easily so if you want the colour to stay red be carefull. Solid knobs and solid toggle (on and off switch)switch pugs don't fall out of the in put and output. I would defienatly rely on this pedal.

Its really easy to use with three knobs including a Tone, Output and Distortion. It comes with a brochure for all MXR and JIM Dunlop prducts ( JIM Dunlop owns MXR ) big knobs so it is easy to change and the knobs are not stiff. Great effects pedal for a Killer performance.