M116 Fullbore Metal review by MXR

MXR: M116 Fullbore Metal

I am currently using my Line 6 Spider ii (75 watt) amp with this although I have used it on several other amps including a 15 watt practice amp. I really am impressed with how well this pedal can make amps sound. When I tired it on the 15 watt practice amp you really couldnt tell I was using that amp and it made the amp sound so much more badass. On the Line 6 the amp, it already has good distortion but it adds a little more bulk to the sound when you are running it through a distorted chanel. This pedal can make any amp sound great. Everthing about this pedal is just amazing.

I play lots of metal music and this pedal is a perfect match. I have been playing for over a year and I have tried several types of pedals and this one is my favorite. If it were stolen or lost I would without a doubt buy this product again. I love everything about it and my favorite feature is the built in noise-gate. This pedal really isnt missing anything on it and MXR did an amazing job making it.

I can depend on this pedal. I would definitly use it on a gig without a backup. It has a metal exterior and is built like a tank. I am confident that you could throw this distortion pedal at a brick wall and it would still be in tact. This pedal seems almost indestructable. Almost everything MXR builds will last a long time and this pedal is no exeption.

This pedal is very easiy to get a good sound out of it. The instructions manual it came with is detailed and shows a diagram of everything the pedal has and how it all works and how to use it all. The manual is also easy to understand. I think it is easy enough to use for almost anyone to use it. Nothing about it is really complicated at all. This pedal features a 3 band EQ, a volume knob, frequency knob, and gain knob, a noise gate, and scoop.

ZeroChan
    ^You have to really tweak it to find a sweet tone. I have this pedal and I suggest have to turn down the mids on the amp and crank the mids in the pedal. Otherwise, it will sound fizzy. Also turn down the highs in the pedal. This pedal is probably the 'most-clean' sounding metal pedal i tried that's for $100.