M116 Fullbore Metal review by MXR

MXR: M116 Fullbore Metal

I run this pedal through an ESP MH-103QM, (Wildepickups L-500XL humbucker in the bridge) and my amp is a Peavey Valveking 112. It is not noisy even at the highest amp volume. The most valueable feature is definately the noise gate. Listen up people, I didn't buy this as my only distortion pedal, I specifically bought this for playing metal. So if you aren't using it for that, don't complain. This pedal can get me the best Pantera sound. Plus it does fine with anything else. The distortion is killer, and it's nothing less of spectaculer.

This is were people start fighting. I play METAL, if I am not playing METAL I use my BOSS DS-1. For playing 3 years, I have always tried to get a good Pantera sound, and this does it well. Is someone stole it, I'd probably kick his balls into his pelvic cavity. Money don't grow on trees, and I ain't rich. I'd probably TAKE it back. I love the noise gate. It keeps the idle chatter down to a minimum, hardly noticable. I didn't campare, because I didn't have too. I wish it had a boost button, that'd be nice.

The pedal is made out of a metal box, how could I break that when I'm on stage? I even use a power supply, so there isn't really a need for a backup. Very dependable pedal, no loose parts at all. When performing under NORMAL circumstances, I don't see myself being able to destroy it.

Getting a good sound out of this pedal is very simple. The array of knobs and buttons are very thorough. Each button and knob change the pedal's tone. The manual is very good for it, it states everything you need to know. My pedal has not been modded, I didn't see a need for it.

MaggaraMarine
    On the Line 6 the amp, it already has good distortion but it adds a little more bulk to the sound when you are running it through a distorted chanel.
    (first review) WTH????? I thought that you should use a distortion pedal through a clean channel and an overdrive/boost pedal through a drive channel. Distortion pedals have so much gain (and this is a metal dist. so I think that this has even more gain) and Line 6 distortion is pretty brutal so how can you run this pedal through a Line 6 distortion channel? I mean you will get so much over overdrive that it will sound... I don't know what. I think your sound will be so distorted that you will only hear some random noise and feedback.