M116 Fullbore Metal review by MXR

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
MXR: M116 Fullbore Metal

Purchased from: Guitar center

I purchased this pedal when I was playing for almost 3 years, because my DigiTech multi effects pedal was stolen. ( car got broken into) I had the pedal until recently, now that I have been playing for four and a half years and having it for a little more than a year, I played with it a ton and im gonna have to warn you it sounds like tin foil metal distortion ( the noise gate is nice though) This over priced pedal sounds worse than a Line 6 spider amp distortion. I mean this is by far the worse pedal iv'e ever used. I was never able to get a decent Death metal, metalcore, classic metal, black metal sounf out of it. The sounds are Mediocre and above average at best. The only reason I bought this pedal is because a guitar center employee Assured me that is the pedal he used and its sounds awesome. I now he doesn't know a good tone. If you want a Oversatured tone with foggy distortion, that you can crank it up when your amp is at 11, then this is your pedal. If your a tone freak that cares about his tone then I wouldn't even bother with this pedal. Just to tell you how bad this pedal is I got better tones for death metal from a used DigiTech Grunge pedal I bought for 25$.

This is more a pedal for guys who listen to suicide silence, Cannibal corpse, Black dahlia, whitechapel, And haven't been playing for that long and don't give a shit about tone and like your amp at 11. I wish I would have tried this more. I sold it soooo. The Gate is the best feature, it has good controls easy to use, what I hate is the sound.

Reliable? yes it is you could throw it against a brick wall as hard as you could multiple times and it still wouldn't break, my only complain is that the nobs need better glue they come off fairly easy.

Its a little hard to get a good sound out of it, it takes a while, you don't really need a manual for it overall really easy to use. But it takes a while to get a good sound out of it.

sewoo55
    Dark_Iran wrote: blackstar HT-dist vs MXR fullbore metal what is your choice for metal sound?
    Blackstar ht-dist all the way. the mxr fullbore metal is way too scooped, compressed and sterile sounding, unless you want to achieve a shitty Dimebag tone, go with the ht-dist
    DunUltex
    it's funny because half the people here have either bought it without TRYING it first, or havent mucked around with the knobs and/or buttons enough to get the sound they want ive tried it, mucked around with the knobs and buttons, and i guess i kinda like it i reckon it'll be good to make my drop B and A a little less muddy