M300 Reverb review by MXR

MXR: M300 Reverb

Getting a good sound out of this pedal is crazy easy. Depending on what kind of style of reverb you enjoy using this pedal has got it for you. I really enjoy a simple tube amp that just has two channels with no effects. This really made my 5150iii come to life! If this pedal was to end up missing I would go out and buy another one. $200 is a lot for a reverb pedal but this thing slays! I can not wait to get the expression pedal, as soon as I do I will update or post another review with that.

Let's start this off by just saying pedal is Amazing! 6 awesome tones that are all very different in one pedal. I bought this pedal recently because of the no reverb on my 5150iii and it really helps liven up solo leady parts or beautiful chord progressions. The epic tone setting on this pedal is by far my personal favorite. The pad tone setting is pretty gnarl almost seems like playing a synth haha. The room tone setting is also a great one adding depth to your tone. Check out my full demo of all the tones in the video below!

I will be gigging with this pedal as soon as possible, this is a very solid built pedal. MXR has become my new favorite pedal company, they make awesome well built and sounding pedals. This thing is built like a tank. Very easy to switch types of reverb in a live setting. I plan on getting the expression pedal very soon awesome to have for a reverb pedal. MXR really outdid themselves this pedal is so awesome. The finish on this thing is pretty cool with the sparkle thing going on. The lights are also very bright and can help you determine exactly what settings your on in a live situation.

Comparing this pedals tones to the one on my Line 6 Pro and Amplitube Positive Grid etc, etc... the MXR is definitely the way to go. There is something about a analog pedal compared to a digital one that just makes it so much better sounding in my personal opinion. Now for $200 it is a little on the expensive side for a pedal, I'm happy with my purchase though. It's Kind of like having 6 pedals in one. I'm very curious on how the TC Electronic H.O.F sounds compared to this one.

YouTube preview picture

Lensver
    Don't mean to be nitpicking, but this pedal is digital as well. I guess the comparison you were thinking about was more like stompboxes (such as this one) vs. multieffects and VSTs? If you'd like to see a good comparison between different reverbs, check this video, it also includes TC's HOF:
    Rookd
    dude my bad thats exactly what i was trying to say against the multeffects and vsts haha not that the pedal is analog. dude that video was super cool
    Rookd
    dude are you that guy with the huge dong that all the chicks be talking about?! dude epic
    NHECOS
    Great pedal... I have tried one and it is the best reverb I have ever played yet, although 250 € is a little expensive when comparing it with the Hall of Fame.
    Rookd
    hell yea dude that what i'm saying best reverb pedal but it is pricey for sure..I want to get the expression pedal to go with it but its like $100 also haha oh well