Guitar Rig 2 review by Native Instruments

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Native Instruments: Guitar Rig 2

Purchased from: online

The sound quality for the price was terrible. You could spend 400 dollars on analog pedals and have a million times better sound. This thing honestly sounds like a 30 dollar multi-effects pedal. On top of that it produces a sort of clicking noise constantly. I think I may have been a unique case in this instance but I never had the chance to play another other than my own. I think the clicking was due to some internal clock in the pedal not being synced with the computer. Even still over all sound qualities were well below par.

Its a good concept. I love the idea of computer generated effects but there are several flaws that need to be ironed out. They have recently released Guitar Rig 4 PRO. I haven't had the courage to waste time or money on a newer model but they could have possibly ironed out those details.

The foot controller is pretty well built. Its alluminum case is fairly sturdy. However the input jacks in the back seemed to come loose inside the pedal. I continually tried to keep them tight. Whats worse is I only gigged with this thing once, and after the first song switched to my back up.

This is a really good concept. And very easy to use. Editing patches is pretty simple. You can be as simple or in depth as you like. Adding expression and switches pedal to the controller is a task that I never figured out. For some reason the factory settings kept resetting themselves. Very frustrating. Some of the parameters and effects you really need a degree to use. But the interfaces are simple and if you know what your doing using or changing these parameters is a simple thing. Over all its fairly simple to use.

ZA58
    very helpful becouse I'm trying to decide between a multi-pedal or a singal.
    Shoji001
    personally, the only people that do good digital stuff is either Line6, or Peaveys Vyper serise. you could have got a PodX3 Live, a tried and tests multi-effects that you can gig with!