WET Reverb Review

3,751
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
WET Reverb Reviewed by: Even Bigger D, on april 26, 2010

Purchased from: Direct

Ease of Use: It's pretty easy to use - there are two knobs, 'mix' and 'dwell'. Both do what you would expect. There's a little bit of interplay between the knobs, so it's not dirt simple. But it's not rocket surgery either. The WET reverb can be used in front of a cleanish amp, or in the loop of any amp. If you have a parallel loop you need the black casing version of the pedal, not the blue one, since it supports an effect-only output setting. // 8

Sound: I use this pedal between a CAE 3+SE preamp and a Rivera TBR5 power amp. I leave it on all the time. It is not noisy at all. I have it set for a medium tail reverb with about a 25% mix. It sounds incredible on those settings - with the CAE's clean channel it sounds better than the reverb on a stock Twin. On the gain channels it adds some space around the sound and gives you that arena rock tone (all this, of course, assuming your preamp is up to the task). For my application playing rock, country and jazz cover/standards gigs, it's ideal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've used this on a gig without backup and I've never had a problem. The switch, jacks and pots are high quality. The enclosure is a Solid Metal brick. I expect it to last a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been a pro or semi-pro player since the late 80's. This is the best guitar-oriented reverb unit I've ever heard. It can do ambient, spring emulation, slapback, surf, and pretty much everything in between all in a simple and rugged package. I'd say it sometimes sounds better than even expensive Eventide and Lexicon units, although it's obviously not as flexible and lacks stereo support. $200 seems kind of absurd for a reverb pedal I must admit, but IMO this one's worth it - I can't find anything not to like. // 10

Comments