DST-1 Distortion review by Onerr

Onerr: DST-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Guitar Cellar

I run this pedal with a Gibson SG, and a Marshall MG30. It can be very heavy (such as Slipknot), it can be bluesy (AC/DC, SRV), and all over inbetween (Pantera, A7X). It helps tremendously with pinch harmonics, tapping, and natural harmonics. Power it with a Dunlop Power Brick, and the sound is always consistant. Just one complaint though: It sometimes makes annoying buzzing noises. Not all the time, and it goes away when you turn the pedal off, then turn it back on again, but it does it enough to annoy. It does it on the clean channel with only batteries (when the battery's low), but with an AC adaptor, it only buzzes on the distortion.

I play everything from AC/DC to Slipknot, and this pedal doesn't disappoint. I use it everytime I need distortion. I also own a Dunlop Crybaby, and it works well with that. This pedal is very underrated. You don't hear much about Onerr. You mostly hear about Dunlop, Boss, DigiTech, ect. This was the only distortion pedal that the store had at the time, so I didn't have much of a choice. But despite my early thoughts about the pedal, I love it. The only thing I would change, would be the buzzing. If stolen or lost, I would probably buy another one. I need my distortion.

I've had it for about a year, and it hasn't crapped out on me yet. It's been beat up, and survived through all the beatings. Since it is my only distortion pedal, I have to rely on it. It certainly has been worth the money I paid for it almost a year ago.

Very easy to use. You step on it, and it's on. It also has three knobs (level, tone, distortion) to let you customize your tone. The manual isn't needed much, but should be read, especially for newcomers to pedals. It tells you how to hook it up, what each knob is for, and all that good stuff. Even though it's not a well-known brand, you will definitely get your money's worth.

bushey37
    play the distorion pedal without the crybaby, that might make the buzzing go away. Distrion pedals and wah pedals work stragely together.