Sanpera I review by Peavey

Peavey: Sanpera I

It doesn't really have its own sound, per se, as it's really only a foot controller. The Wah and Volume pedal are great - the Wah sounds better than my Ibanez WD7. The looper is very useful except it's very loud unless you rock the volume pedal back a bit (the shared foot treadle in main mode). The pitch shifter, when enabled on an amp preset, can be controlled by the foot pedal. Don't want to turn this into a Vypyr review, so let's leave it at this: the pedal sounds good with its four different sounds it unlocks.

I play basically anything, and it suits it. Isn't that the point of a modeling amp? However, this is only a foot controller, but I digress. The only thing I really dislike about it is that it weighs a ton (probably 6 or 7 pounds alone). If it were stolen, I'd buy a new one except for the fact that I'll be trading my Vypyr in shortly. I really like its reliability and its sturdiness but I dislike its weight and the jack's looseness. I wish it had a more controllable looper level, but really not much else.

I would definitely depend on this thing - it's built like a tank. The only thing that's not especially reliable is the cable staying plugged in. That's OK, though, it's not like it's doing a bunch of moving around. The chassis is made of aluminum. Seems like almost.

Well, it's very easy to use when it's plugged into a Peavey Vypyr (30 or up only). It doesn't make its own tone, though, considering it's a foot controller. The banks of presets are easy to navigate (though these are the amp's, not the pedal's) and the other features are easy to enter (looper mode). I'd give this a 10, mainly because it does what it's supposed to do and it does it well.

RockenChich
    Ali-b912 wrote: b4t3man wrote: IROn 5L1nKY wrote: I have a friend who's got his mind set on getting the Sanpera II, but I keep telling him that just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's better. Does anyone else have any suggestions for what I can tell him? Is the 2nd board really that much better? It has an extra pedal which is nice. Plus an extra 400 presets which he may need... The Sanpera II gives you control over the 2nd effects set, as well as seperate bank controls, tap tempo, reverb and manual mode (whatever that is). I'd say it's better, but whether it's worth it is another story. The prices for them both are insane in Australia.
    Actually, you can control the tap tempo by clicking the current preset a few times on the Sanpera I.