Sanpera I review by Peavey

Peavey: Sanpera I

Purchased from: ebay

I am using the Peavey Vypyr 30w and a Gibson Maestro Double Cutaway (bought for $118 with a starter pack). No extra noise at all, I'm happy to say. The volume is kind of tricky on the looper. After you end your loop it increases the sound of the loop. And getting the timing on pressing the button for the looper takes a little getting used to, but it comes with time. I can get sounds like Jack White, Tom DeLonge, Jimmy Page, and Eddy Van Halen. All the effects are great, but they're in the actual amp, not the pedal.

I play blues and rock, and it's great for both. I spend hours on just the looper alone, and then I add in the Wah Wah! I'd totally buy it again if it was lost or stolen. The only difference between the Sanpera I and the Sanpera II in my opinion is the tuner, the turning on and off of the effects, the manual switching, and the price. It has everything I want and need, completely satisfied with it.

It's a brick! I'd take it anywhere, anytime! The cord stays in place for me very well, and nothing is loose on it. The midi cord makes it more efficient to have, instead of having to have an extra power cord to plug in. And, it also is so small, I can fit it in the back of my amp, very convenient.

The ease of use on the Sanpera I is great! The buttons are a little hard to press but it's fine with me. To access the other features such as the bank selector and the looper you have to press two buttons at once. The foot pedal controls the volume and the Wha Wha/Pitch Shifter. To activate the Wha Wha/Pitch Shifter you have to press down on the pedal. For me it wouldn't Switch over no matter how hard I'd push on it. It was an easy fix though, after you take off the bottom panel there's a screw that presses against the button to activate the Wha Wha/Pitch Shifter. My screw wasn't even close to to button. I unscrewed it a bit and now it's perfect.

M.V.
    Imptheshrimp
    M.V. wrote: I just want to ask about the pedal. My Roc Black Cat Moan Wah-Wah pedal fall down and do the Wah if I haven't got my foot on it. Is the Sanpera hard enough or it feels down??
    Dude, don't worry about it. This thing is like a brick. It's rock solid.