Sanpera I review by Peavey

Peavey: Sanpera I

Price paid: A$ 189

Purchased from: Guitar World

Sound wise, its all with the amp. I'm using a Squier Strat and Ibanez RG170DX, and it sounds pretty good for what I've got. The effects seem to do the job, I'm not a very heavy effects user though, but I think the pitch shifter and Wah do a alright job. Imo, I reckon the Wah could use a bit of a tweak, as it sounds kind of thin and runny.

If this was lost/stolen, I would most likely either get another one, or look into getting a new amp, as VYPYRs do have reliability issues. It works great, as it has a volume pedal, and lets you Switch presets with ease. Definitely check this out if you have a VYPYR30+.

This things built like a tank! I would deffinately use this without a backup. The Wah sometimes screws up the amp, but I'm pretty sure its a firmware problem. As this thing is built like a tank, it has 5 years warranty. It is sometimes a little hard to Switch from main to aux mode though.

Sound wise, its 100% depended on the amp.. If you want a review on sound, go check out a Peavey Vypyr review! Editing 'presets' may seem quite difficult at first, but it becomes quite simple later on! Firmware, again, depends on the amp. I'm pretty sure the latest firmware for the VYPYR (8/10/2010) is 1.70? Don't quote me though.

Templar980
    I've got a question guys. I don't know whether I should buy this footswitch or just pay a bit more and just get a few actual pedals? I have the money to buy pedals but also think this might be a good tool with my Peavey Vypyr 30. Any advice?