Sanpera II review by Peavey

Peavey: Sanpera II

I mainly use a 1981 Washburn A20-V, and I have the Vypyr 75. I did have the 120 Tube for a few weeks and sounds much much better than the 75. The effects for the most part are awesome, but a few are not too good. I can get so many sounds out of the Vypyr and the Sanpera makes it so much easier. None of the effects are really bad. It is only noisy on a very high gain setting but you should expect that. The Wah pedal sounded a lot better than I was expecting.

I play Metal, Rock, Jazz, Blues, Jazz Fusion, Progressive Rock etc. The pedal is only as versatile as the amp it, because it just allows you to access the effects in the amp, by foot-switch. I have been playing for about 6 years. I wish I would have got a better understanding on how to operate the pedal. I wish it had a better tuner but I wasn't too concerned about that because I already have a tuner. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy it again.

I haven't had any problems with mine, but I have heard a few reviews where the owners pedal had stopped working and such. The pedal seems a lot more sturdy than I was expecting. From what I read it sounded like the pedal wasn't very tough, but it is a lot better than expected.

This pedal is a must have for Peavey Vypyr products! It gives you access to the looper and 400 presets that you can edit. It is sort of confusing at first to edit patches with the pedal, but you'll get the hang of it. The manual isn't very good, but there are lots of Vypyr forums that have the answers to lots of questions. The tuner is sort of tough to use, you need to get it to the right volume for it to be effective.

SilverSpurs616
    My pedals were also difficult to engage, in fact I had to open the back and adjust one of them for it to work at all. I also notice that if you are using the Tubescreamer stompbox "effect" and the wah at the same time, it can quite often cause the amp to crash and make no sound until you turn it off and back on
    asmithgdci
    fatmysummer wrote: why wouldnt you keep the tube one?
    I just had it as a loaner amp while mine was being fixed. Sorry I should have specified that. I would have been more than happy to keep it haha.
    CapnKickass
    you mentioned the pedal stopped working for some people. I got the Sanpera I and it no longer works with my amp after 2 years. It's probably the amp itself though, since I tried my pedal with a different vyper in a store and it worked.
    MattyPS
    asmithgdci
    MattyPS wrote: This foot-switch is very useful. I only have two problems : - The Wah pedal is hard to activate. You have to find the right way to push it, it is not so easy. - Everytime I play before switching on my amp I put the pedal volume at the minimum because otherwise there's a loud sound. Then I raise the volume.
    Yeah, I've also heard of people having those problems too. It's odd because the pedals on mine are almost too easy to push down.
    SchecterPlayerR
    I got the Sanpera 1 and it's enough for me! But when i play with the band and turn of the amp and then turn it on i must take put and then put in the cable, otherwise it will not work.
    Jonase-guitare
    I own a Peavey Vyper 75 and additonal i have bought the Footcontrol Sanpera 2. When I conect them two and turn on the amp, I can play guitar until I change something on my "Footcontrol" e.g. the Volum or the other panel! When I touch one of them my Sound shuts up and don't come back! May I don't know how it exactly work, or one of the two devices is broke!
    Rocka_Rolla_74
    I bought a second hand Sanpera II pedal and the wah wah is on the left and the volume on the right. Is it possible to swap them around.
    Rocka_Rolla_74
    Thanks. That's better. Now I need to if it's possible to change the minimum and maximum volume levels.
    Jw1093
    Yeah. callibration mode. Hold down the reverb button(button 4) then tap the stompbox button(button 1) and go through all those options then it'll ask if you want to switch the l/r pedals