Chromatic Pedal Tuner review by Planet Waves

Planet Waves: Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Purchased from: Toews Music

I'm using it with a squire butterscotch tele that's been tricked out and a Peavey Windsor Head through a Fender 4x12 cab. The light is super bright on this thing so tuning on stage is a little easyer. It has true bypass so that it preserves your tone unlike non true bypass which either boosts or cuts your signal. But it's not like on stage everybody is going to notice. Not much else to put here, it works just fine.

I like this tuner, it's accurate, very easy to see, and has true bypass, which for you tone buff's, is an important feature. I wish I would have seen how flimsy the stomping part was before buying it, but as long as I don't reef on it it should be just fine. I would buy this again just because it's so cheap compared to other tuners and has twice the features. This is planet waves's last shot with me, their cables have always let me down when I needed them and this is the last product I will ever buy from them if it breaks. I just wish the stomping part was a lot sturdyer, but good value for the price.

This is where this pedal worries me a little bit. The part of the pedal you stomp on is really flimsy, so you can reef on it like you can on a Boss pedal. I would use this without a backup with no worries. As long as you don't act like an idiot with it it should be fine. I'm going to give this a 5 because they definitely could have made it a bit sturdyer.

I bought this tuner today at toews music for about 90 bucks. Tunes extremely accurately, fast, and has true bypass. there was no manual included with the tuner, but it's really not that hard to figure out for regular use. Although this tuner can also do strobe tuning and you can set it at different frequency's (for example a regular A is set at 440Hz, whereas this tuner can be set to tune at A440, down to 435 and up to 445. Came with a sweet leather case, which was a bonus. I'm going to give this a ten because the features it comes with are pretty decent.

DevilsDance76
    I'm going to be buying this pedal very soon....Unlike your unfortunate situations...Planet Waves as never let me down. What would break on you? The Cables? or some other stuff?