Chromatic Tuner review by Planet Waves

Planet Waves: Chromatic Tuner

Purchased from: Dave Snider's

This picks up sounds pretty well, even with moderate interference. When at a jam session, I can usually tune over my band members' warm ups using the built-in mic. The tuner also has a 1/4" input jack, so you could use it at a gig when another band is playing.

If this were lost/stolen I'd go right back, and get a Brand New one. It's so easy to use, and so durable, I don't think there's a better one for the price. I'd look for a guitar/bass version of the same thing, but if there isn't one available, I'd just get the chromatic version again.

I'd most likely depend on it, but probably wouldn't gig with it without a backup. It's very sturdy and well built. The buttons are some sort of rubber, and the case is made of molded plastic. I expect this to last me for some time. This is way sturdier than any other metronomes (The Seiko SAT500 and Korg GA-30) If I was to gig, I'd probably bring along a backup tuner, but I'd still be very surprised if this broke.

Very easy to use, turn it on, and go right ahead. What they did very well, was have a bracket that can either be used to stand it up on a table, or have it hook onto the soundhole of your guitar. The LED's are very bright, very easy to see in dark environments. Also, instead of a needle, it's a bar that moves across, so it's a lot easier to see in low-light environments. It doesn't always detect the note very fast, sometimes it takes it a second or two, so I'm docking 2 points.

HighwayHawk
    seems like a good addition to the gear of a growing-up musician.But, i'd rather get something like the korg dtr-1000
    HFR
    Whats the point of buying tunner for a pro? Couldnt heshe tune it by ear? :/
    ikarian-pride
    tuner is more precise...especially if the musician has an ear infection or something(but what arethe odds of that?)
    keiron_d
    aaaaah, i do believe that ears are more precise than a lot of tuners. i swear i can hear when one string's out but my tuner says it's perfect. tuners are quicker though.
    Flyby8
    Great thing. But after a year it started to react slower. It took a second, or too.
    Lams
    yeah, i'm sure that you're ears are better than a tuner.i also believe that you can turn water into wine