Mini Headstock Tuner PW-CT-12 NS review by Planet Waves

Planet Waves: Mini Headstock Tuner PW-CT-12 NS

Price paid: C$ 19

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I purchased this mini tuner mostly because of my Floyd Rose equipped guitar, I am stickler for being in perfect tune and I had gotten fed up with constantly unplugging my lead from my pedal board and into my trusty old Korg tuner just to sharpen off flat strings. I couldn't invest in a pedal tuner as my board is small with no available real estate so this was the next best option. I don't know how to really rate this so I am going to give it a five, just to be fair.

If your looking for a compact clip on tuner for gigging that doesn't look like some freaky alien eye sticking off your headstock then this tuner is exactly what your looking for. The LCD display is in red and green and is very bright making it simple to read in on stage situations where the lighting is less then ideal. The only issue I have run into with using it hasn't even come from the tuner itself; however with all the crap on the back of my headstock because of the Floyd it has to angled a bit weird to see it but it works fine. 10/10 - Perfect little tuner for under $20 I enjoy it and will probably get more for my other guitars so I don't have to swap it around all the time.

Clips on tight and wont fall off even with the best on stage acrobatics you can think of. Hides completely behind the headstock unlike other clip on tuners, so there is no risk of smashing it off your guitar. Highly dependable, but at $19 its cheap enough to Pick up an spare one for a backup just in case and you wont break the bank in the process.

Simple, no frill out of the box use. Put the standard CR2025 button battery into the back of the tuner and clip it anywhere onto your headstock. There is a button that will change your pitch for tuning and change it from sharps to flats when held and a second button that does the power function. Takes less then 5 minutes to have it on your guitar and tuning. 10/10 - Foolproof, not even joking.

hjemmet
    I was gifted one of these and LOVE it, however, I have twice lost the little sucker when I rested my guitar on my Ultimate stand and it got pushed off. Teenie and black. I love it's invisibility on the instrument BUT that does make it hard to find! I'm ordering at least two more so I have back ups & for other instruments.