Rat 2 review by Pro Co

Pro Co: Rat 2

Purchased from: guitar center

It's a great sounding, gritty distortion. I'm running a Fender Jaguar with DiMarzio Super Distortions into to this baby, to a Cry Baby, to a Ibanez CF-7, into my Rivera Knucklehead 100 amp and cab. It's goes give feedback at high volumes, but is a distortion pedal, so duh. I can get a good sound like a lot of my favorite band, like Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Green Day, and The Vaselines. And by the way, this is NOT a crazy heavy metal distortion.

I absolutely love this pedal. I play punk, grunge, and alternate, and this fits those genres perfectly. I also own a (broken) DS-1, and a Big Muff, and this beats both of them. Before buying this, I played every other distortion pedal in GC. This one beat them all. The most interesting feature is definitely the filter knob. It works sort of like a reversed tone knob. I've been playing and gigging for 5 years now, and I wish I had this pedal 5 years ago. Would have save a lot of effort to find the distortion for me. The perfect combo of hard rock distortion and crazy grungy fuzz.

If Bosses (btw I've broken a Boss on stage before HA) are tanks, these RAT 2s are f--king nuclear bomb shelters. I've dropped it literally off of everything I could have by now.

This is the kind of pedal I like: 3 knobs, distortion, filter (a fun one), and volume. I play mainly grunge, punk, and alt. Rock, and I can get a sound that is mine out of this. My search for the perfect distortion fr me is over.