Wah-Wah Pedal review by Proel

• Reviewer's score: 2.5 Junky
Proel: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: Belle Aire Music

This wah seemed to kind of kill the treble tones on the amp when it's plugged in. And No matter how much you try, they're just completely gone. If you're into a darker, more distorted tone, I suppose this might work for you, but it wasn't any good for me. Basically instead of a wah sound, you get a low pitched droning effect, bringing you in and out of phase.

Simply put - Stay away from this wah pedal if you want anything close to a wah sound, or even would like to sound decent. I took this back the day after I bought it, because it was horrible quality, and shelled out the extra $60 to get the Cry-Baby I wanted in the first place. Stay away from this thing, no matter how low priced it might be. I hate the guy that sold me this, and I've yet to have a problem with my Cry-baby. Like I said before, Just stay away from this thing.

I bought this wah, Plugged it in, and about 10 minutes later, It broke. It's made of plastic. If you put more weight on it that it wants, it'll crack, and the pot will come loose. Then the track won't move the pot, and you'll have no Wah effect. There's not really many options for fixing it either, I tried.

This wah is alright, I suppose, if you're really, really careful with your equipment. I don't know if it was just one on I got or what, but it was absolutely horrid quality. Basically, it's just a wah, where you input on one side, output on the other, and stomp away. Except that if you stomp away on it, it breaks.

HeliuM
    deluxe_man
    Thanks for the heads up, i was considering buying one since I fancied trying a wah wah pedal to experiment with. cheers dude!
    kradamek
    HeliuM wrote: Thanks for the warning I saw this today in my local shop for only 40 the crybaby original is 99. I was quite tempted to buy it, thanks goodness I didn't
    wow thats expensive! like $200 bucks for the original crybaby. but this wah sounds real crappy. way to take one for the team, constantine.
    Foxicola
    Sadly, I bought this pedal before reading the review, and I agree. The worst part is that when the pedal is in the full down position, it gets interference and then you start getting radio signals interrupting your playing. Although, I noticed that it makes an interesting phaser sound with moving it slowly. And truly it's a pain, for the little gear keeps on slipping off. So, I believe I'll get a better wah next time.
    Joost1795
    woah, i was trying to buy it from a dude, wel i'm glad i didn't thanks to you!,, Way to go constantine!