Wah-Wah Pedal Review

2,867
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Wah-Wah Pedal Reviewed by: Constantine, on september 26, 2006

Purchased from: Belle Aire Music

Ease of Use: This wah is alright, I suppose, if you're really, really careful with your equipment. I don't know if it was just one on I got or what, but it was absolutely horrid quality. Basically, it's just a wah, where you input on one side, output on the other, and stomp away. Except that if you stomp away on it, it breaks. // 4

Sound: This wah seemed to kind of kill the treble tones on the amp when it's plugged in. And No matter how much you try, they're just completely gone. If you're into a darker, more distorted tone, I suppose this might work for you, but it wasn't any good for me. Basically instead of a wah sound, you get a low pitched droning effect, bringing you in and out of phase. // 2

Reliability & Durability: I bought this wah, Plugged it in, and about 10 minutes later, It broke. It's made of plastic. If you put more weight on it that it wants, it'll crack, and the pot will come loose. Then the track won't move the pot, and you'll have no Wah effect. There's not really many options for fixing it either, I tried. // 1

Overall Impression: Simply put - Stay away from this wah pedal if you want anything close to a wah sound, or even would like to sound decent. I took this back the day after I bought it, because it was horrible quality, and shelled out the extra $60 to get the Cry-Baby I wanted in the first place. Stay away from this thing, no matter how low priced it might be. I hate the guy that sold me this, and I've yet to have a problem with my Cry-baby. Like I said before, Just stay away from this thing. // 3

Comments