Fuzz God II review by Red Witch

Red Witch: Fuzz God II

Purchased from: Used

I'm running this pedal through an Orange TH-100 head and an Emperor 4x12 cab and playing through a Godin Freeway Classic. It can get very noisy once you push down the "Wrath Of God" switch. It's an oscillator so you can make a bunch of crazy noises with it. This pedal always sounds great. There's an Overdrive mode if you need a little extra boost. You can probably get a variety of tones out of it, good stoner metal/doom tone such as Electric Wizard or Buried At Sea. The fuzz is excellent.

I am in a doom band and this pedal works excellent for it. I have been playing for about 6 years. I own a Big Muff and this pedal out classes for sure. I knew what I was getting into so no questions were really asked. If I could find a deal as good as I got the pedal for I would buy it again for sure. But 250 bucks is a lot of money for a fuzz. I love how fuzzy this pedal is! There is nothing I can think of that I hate about it. My favourite feature is probably the Overdrive switch because it gives me that extra boost. It beats getting an Overdrive pedal for that extra boost. I only compared it to my Big Muff. But this pedal does exactly what I want and sounds great. I wish this pedal just had a better tone control like the Big Muff does.

This pedal is very dependable, it gives me the exact tone I want. But the "Sputter" knob is starting to give out, and I have heard of people having to get theirs repaired. Of course I would use this on a gig without a back up. It's the only one I own.

This pedal is pretty versatile and you can get a pretty good sound out of it. It's a very powerful fuzz, very simple to use. As far as I know it hasn't been modified what so ever.