Banshee Talkbox review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Banshee Talkbox

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I am running a Vintage Metal Raider axe thrugh my Talkbox and the amp doesn't matter as the sound doesnt go through it! It sounds great really nice gain on it too. I must say it's hard to replicate some sounds of your favourite artists as you dont know how they are shaping their mouth but thats not to do with the hardware. Good enough for anyone beginner up to pro. Only thing I have to complain about is that it seems to filter pinch harmonics out dunno why that is, but yu really don't need to do them in Talkbox riffs.

I play classic rock/hard rock most of the time in a band. I use a Vintage Metal Raider axe, through a Marshall 100DFX, I also have a Dunlop CryBaby. This Talkbox is great for this style it gives your playing a new dimention and very, very few people own one. It also makes you stand out a bit. A few complaints. You look quite silly using one. I tend to dribble when I use it I can't help it and it is extremly irritating and embarassing! Mine came with a europian plug adaptor so I have to use a convertor however it at least it came with one unlike some pedals (Crybaby). If this was stolen I would deffinatly buy another one expensive but worth it I think. The only other talkboxes I know of are the Danelectro Free Speech which is really for beginners and I've heard is not very good. and the Dunlop Heli TalkBox Which is more expensive over 200 I think and you can only use it with stacks unless your into taking your amp apart and rewiring it (which surprising they suggest). This was really the only option for me it wasnt for beginners and cheap and nasty and it wasn't for pro with stacks and pockets full of cash. Hope this helped!

Built like a tank, it doesn't look like its gunna break anytime soon. I would gig with it no worries without a backup (even if I could afford a backup).

It's fairly easy to use although if youve never used one or seen one before you may be wondering what it is and does! Although concidering the old rigs for them this is pretty simple: plug in line; strap the tube to a mic stand (with the provided strap) pop the end of the tube in your mouth and talk away. Only 3 knobs output, tone and gain: easy! The manual was easy to understand and to the point.

Constantine
    Would You be Able to get the sort of "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" Scream out of this? My singer is a bitch and doesn't want to scream, so if it works, I might buy him one of these... If anyone knows, please PM me.....
    SGMAN911
    this is thing is really fun to use, it doesnt matter what you say into it, it still sounds like its coming from a guitar, my friends and i were cracking up for hours with this thing....