Banshee Talkbox review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Banshee Talkbox

Purchased from: Paradise

It sounds great, aside from my crappy cable that has a little crackle in it sometimes. With a good cable it sounds perfect. It has a built in pre amp and a decently loud one at that. It takes some getting used to but you can make words with it. If you're just looking for that Talkbox wah sound, it's not in short supply! This is one of the best talkboxes out there according to several opinions I'd gotten before buying. After buying I can't disagree.

Overall it does what I wanted it to. It's damn close to the Framtone and cheaper. If you have the money for this, it's a definate buy. If it were stolen or broken I'd definately buy it again. You get what you pay for. This Talkbox, as with all, work for all kinds of music. I play a lot of classic rock, and a lot of metal. It's great just to use for a Classic Wah. It's the most versatile kind of wah invented.

It's heavy, got slide-proof stoppers on the bottom of it, it's already a stompbox so it's made to be stepped on, I don't see it breaking from a small drop. Definately gig safe and dependable. I haven't had mine for too long so I can't tell you for sure it isn't going to break, but I can tell you that it is not likely.

It works just like a stompbox. A lot of people told me talkboxes were fairly hard to set up and I could risk blowing my amp, but with this one the risk is not there. Simply plug your guitar into it, and have a microphone next to it. It's pretty loud without a mic for practicing. The only problems are that there is no way to shut it off, it comes with an adapter, and the only way it turns on or off is plugging in or pulling out the cord, but you never have to buy batteries. Also, you can't use it with any other effects that is dissapointing.

americablanco
    Confused2316 wrote: How would one of these work with a bass?
    as a bass player myself I wouldn't even consider it
    MT in Austin
    Bought one of these several months ago. Built like a tank, very durable. Had a waitress spill a huge glass of water on it during a gig. I quickly unplugged it from my chain and turned it upside down. I let it dry out for a day and BOOM worked fine when I plugged it in. As with any talkbox, your PA mic is used to amplify the sound. This is a very easy to use box and the price point is quite good for this type of effect.
    whitey314
    guitarnoobie : If a person had a braces could the tube damage the brackets?
    nah man i had braces and used it and nothing happened tis quite a nice unit doesnt quite have that heil sound but ahwell maybe its just my inexperience with using them
    CraigMc
    milcio79
    Hey can I connect the AMP otput of my rocktron to my pedalboard input without blowing it up?
    evening_crow
    Joo Carvalho: yes, if you want to use it with a full band; otherwise no if it's only for bedroom practice. you will need a stand at least though. CraigMc: nope... doesn't run on batteries milcio79: don't recommend that TiptonPhantom: yes, but it'll sound like sh*t; also, why would you wanna do that? the talkbox itself has built-in gain And yes, i've had one for several months and it's great.
    Megahertzz
    Where in the effect-chain does it go? Between the guitar and the amp, or in the effect-loop?
    hitl
    hi i use a boss mega distortion pedal...would it fit together?
    mtl_guitarist
    Megahertzz: most people use it between their guitar and amp because this pedal basically shuts off your output when you turn it on i.e. with the Banshee OFF, your signal bypasses the pedal, with it ON, only the little amp and speaker inside of the Banshee are amplifying your guitar signal, thus your regular giutar amp is not receiving any signal and is basically off. In a live setting, you need a mic besides the banshees tube to really be heard because, as I stated above, your guitar amp is basically off. If you put the talkbox in an effects loop, then I suppose your guitar amp would still receive your guitars signal and you could thus get a mixture of regular guitar sound and the talkbox. I think this is undesireable because you don't want the talk box's effect to be drowned out by regular guitar tone (unless you found a very specific use for that sound).
    Elusive
    CraigMc wrote: I see from the above that thbox comes with power lead, but can it be ised with a 9 volt battery? Reason being they are more than 50% cheaper in the US than in Australia, but the voltage is different. Any ideas?
    No, you have to use the adaptor that it comes with.