Black Cat Moan review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Black Cat Moan

Purchased from: guitar center

I use an Ibanez art100, and a Peavey Vypyr 15.It gets a little noisy once you kick on the moan, but other than that, it is good. The way is very nice, once you kick on the moan, you really get the low and mids out of it, and it sounds great.When you combine the moan and the normal, you get a little more top end, and a good solo sound.

I like to play metallica, and nirvana.I think the pedal does a pretty good job on the metallica solos. I have been playing for a few years, and I had a Behringer hellbabe, and it wasn't very good. If this was stolen, I would find out whp did it, and kick there ass:) But...if I coldn't find them, I would have no problem getting another one. I love that ithas a boult in distortion on it. But I wish the distortion was a better quality, then the pedal would be perfect. When I was researching Wah pedals, I saw this one and loved it, but the video was a little scetchy, the guy had like 5 other effects plugged in, and I didn't know what the Wah pedal was alone. But I had a gut felling, and it was right. I love the pedal but i wish the distortion wa a better one, other than that, the pedal is great.

when I play, I get into the music, and play my gear hard. But, I know when I step on this pedal, it will hold up. I use Wah pedals a lot when I play, and I would feel safe just having this one with no back up.I trust the people at Rocktron and I know that make strong gear over there, and I woulndt think twice about the durabiliy of the pedal.

The pedal is amazing ...once you figure out how to use it. The pedal itself is easy, but once you start using the moan setting, it my take a while. The pedal is still great though. On the left side, there is a 3 way selector switch, ther is classic, normal, and bass. The classic is more hendrix and better on a cleaner setting. The normal is for modern rock, and more distorted. And the bass is for a bass guitar. On the right side is the moan settings. There is a moan knob, and a gain knob.Then there is a button to kick on the moan effect. And right infront of that, there is a combo button to combine the moan and the normal settings.