Hush IICX review by Rocktron

Rocktron: Hush IICX

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music Store

Luckily, Mr. Hersh (thanks man!) at Daddy's Used Junky Store, got me the manual for operating these two great Noise Reduction units. With the manual, it's easy to figure out what each knob can do. Since it's analog, you don't have to deal with editing or worrying about storing any data. So this unit needs no updating either, just plug in and let your ears be your guide. Once you got it set to your liking, you enjoy unaltered tone and sonic resilience that only a Hush Rocktron unit can deliver. Much better than a Rocktron Super C.

I bought two from Daddy's Used Junky Music Store back in 1997. I put these babies in my rack, before my BBE Sonic Maximizers. All the hiss was taken out of my signal and has a gate type feature that is perfectly sensitive and has light indicators to let you visually see how much you are applying to your signal.  In many ways this is Rocktrons best noise reduction ever made, you can clean up your sound with out altering you ideal tone, just set it to where you won't falsely trigger the gate and you are set for great sound in the studio or stage.

As stated, I've had both units since 1997 and they have never failed me while recording or live on stage.  From my guitar it goes to a: Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, Boss 7 band EQ, VHT Valvulator I, DigiTech RP-12, DigiTech RP-1, another VHT Valvulator I, Hush IICX, BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer, two DOD 32 band EQ's, Hush IICX, BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer, Behringer 1124P Feedback Destroyer (for Parametric EQ reasons), Monster 2500 Power Conditioner, ETA Power Conditioner with some EBTech Hum Eliminators for a totally noise free / immaculate / pristine sound and Monster / Planet Wave cables.

I play guitar since 1978: thrash, speed metal, 1980's hair metal, blues, neo-classical- metal / shred guitar, classic rock (1960's, 1970's, 1980's) and instrumental guitar music. I've tried DBX and other noise reduction units, many tend to take out frequencies, the gates are not sensitive and close way too soon. This unit responds perfectly with all the over 500 + presets from my arsenal of effects patches. There is nothing to hate about this device. This device will do wonders inside the effects loop of an amp. If it were lost or stolen, I would go out looking for another Hush IICX exclusively.