Hush Pedal review by Rocktron

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Rocktron: Hush Pedal

Price paid: € 80

Purchased from: Reynolds Music Letterkenny

I have a loud ass rig, and this did nothing to help, when I turned it on I just got a kind of tremolo sounding effect. So, what can I say, it's sh-tty.

Sh-te. Save your money and get a decimator or a NS-2.

Nope. Not reliable if I can't even get it to work properly.

I bought this pedal to try and rid my gear of the awful hum and hiss and noise I got from my pedals, but in the end it turned out to be coming from the mains power supply. The hum is still there, 2 years on I still can't get rid of the sh-t. So on to the pedal, from what I've done with this pedal, I can tell you I didn't get it to eliminate noise, I'm talking about pedal noise, I tried a Behringer into a Boss GE-7 to try and get a serious amount of noise going and test if it could handle it, but to no avail. It wouldn't do the job at all.

MaggaraMarine
    rv_phoenix
    Does anyone understands anything from Shane Callahan's "review"? Btw, Shane, did it ever come across youir mind that your crappy Behringer produces the hum? Truth is the Hush Pedal is tricky, as I said, and you need some time (and experience) to understand how it works, especially when you're not an ace in electronics. But it is effective , at least to a certain degree. I very much doubt Shane didn't get rid of the hum, no matter how bad was the main power supply. In desperate cases, you can always crank the "treshold" switch and the noise vanishes. But your sound alterates too, and it does so up to an unbearable level. That's why you need to have good equipment (not Behringers), good cables and the Hush Pedal set at 10-20%.
    rv_phoenix
    MaggaraMarine wrote: All 1/10 or 10/10 reviews are not helpful. You shouldn't bash the product in your review. And you shouldn't praise the product either. Review is helpful if it's (almost) neutral. Of course you can say the things you like and hate but you shouldn't bring them out all the time. I think people shouldn't use these expressions in their reviews: shit, sucks, I hate this... or: AWESOME, INCREDIBLE... You know what I mean.
    I agree 100%. There's no such thing as the perfect guitar, the perfect amp or the perfect cable. All of them imply a certain compromise. But some are better and some are worse. We do (and read reviews) in order to find out what's good and bad and to improve our way of thinking guitar, buying equipment and so on.